Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Summer of Jon Jon - Part III: Saugatuck & Douglas, MI

The heat and humidity returned to St. Louis the last few weeks of August, which made it a perfect time to escape to cooler temperatures.

We traveled to Saugatuck and Douglas, Michigan to enjoy the cooler weather of the Lake Michigan waterfront. There were a few pet friendly places to rent and a lot of the restaurants allowed me on their patios. Monroe's Cafe and Grill even had a special menu for dogs! Most of the shops even allowed me to go inside their stores while my mom shopped.

My favorite part of vacation was sneaking in to one of the beaches in Douglas (I wasn't the only dog) to romp in the surf and swim in the lake waters. Playing fetch with my ball in the water was the highlight of this vacation.

At the end of the day, Michigan's sunsets even made me pause and take notice.



What a great way to end the Summer of Jon Jon!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jon Jon. Have you met Chester and Joey yet? Come visit them on thedailybonebychester.blogspot.com They are cocker spaniels too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking out my page! I've subscribed to your blog. It's great to see other cocker spaniels online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! We had a black cocker spaniel named Miss Ginger. Jon Jon reminded me of her. There's a photo of her on TDB in July. She passed away in 2010, and we miss her so much! I'll be sure to tell my friends about Jon Jon's blog.

    ReplyDelete