Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Dressed for Success at Paddle with your Pooch

My crew and I were poised for a win at this year's Paddle with your Pooch on July 21. This marked the 10th year for the event and my second try at bringing home the coveted "Golden Fire Hydrant." Held in the Post-Dispatch Lake in Forest Park proceeds from the race went to Forest Park Forever to help maintain the park - one of my favorite places in St. Louis.

They say you must dress for success, so this year I donned my sailor's uniform to show I meant business.

photo courtesy of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch


The race was divided into three heats of 25 boats. In the beginning, our chances looked good of winning our heat as we jumped out to an early lead. We lost our momentum at the turn around point and we could never retake the lead. But a second place finish is nothing to sniff at.

Although we may not have won the race, I did win a prize for "Best Costume" and got some good treats. It's not if you win that's important - it's looking good doing it!

Learn more about Paddle with Your Pooch.
View the St. Louis Post-Dispatch photo gallery.
Watch the Fox2 Now video.


No comments:

Post a Comment