Monday, October 7, 2013

Great Forest Park Balloon Race 2013

Fall is my favorite time of year in St. Louis - there are so many things to do!

One of St. Louis' favorite fall traditions is the annual Great Forest Park Balloon Race. Like the last few years, we had dinner at The Highlands Golf Course restaurant in Forest Park before heading over to the balloon glow.

As usual, the staff were very friendly and welcoming to me. I always enjoy their patio and the staff always takes care of my needs by bringing me a bowl of water.

Here are a few pics from the night of the Balloon Glow:


Me and my Mom 

Balloons lighting up the night

My favorite one - the popcorn balloon!


Event Review
Sept. 19 -20, 2014
The balloon glow is attended by an estimated 80,000 people. The crowds are large and there is a lot noise. Bands, horns, and the sights and sounds of hot air balloons being filled can make this an uncomfortable event for many pets. If you decide to bring your pet, get there early and beat the huge masses of people. I was a little nervous and uneasy the first time I went to this event, but the more socialized I've become, I've been able to be a little more comfortable at this event.

Restaurant Review
Patio / Outdoor Seating Available: Yes
Pets Welcome: Yes, outside.
Water / Treats: Water bowl
The staff are always friendly and accommodating and this is the most convenient restaurant to the Balloon Glow.
Rating: Four Paws





3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What beautiful balloons! Wasn't Jon Jon afraid of them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a little afraid of the balloons. The flashes of light and the horns going off every few minutes were kind of scary.

    ReplyDelete