Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Road Trip - Branson, MO

With my Mom being in Branson, MO last week, my Dad and I drove down to meet her to enjoy a weekend away. We stayed at the Hilton Promenade at Branson Landing Hotel. It met my high standards of luxury. The hotel is part of a shopping complex, Branson Landing - which is also pet friendly. Most of the stores allowed pets inside, so I got to shop with Mom. And they were ready for me too - complete with treats and water bowls!

The waterfront also features the Branson Landing Fountains which provides a spectacular water, light and fire display set to music. People line up early to get good seats - but the spectacle is too much for dogs like me who get scared easily. I wanted to dig a hole and hide until it was over.

We also ventured to Table Rock Lake and had a great day walking through the park.

Here are a few photos from my Branson adventure:

Pausing to watch the Branson Belle Showboat go by

Cooling my paws in the lake


A trip to Branson wouldn't be complete without stopping at Lambert's Cafe for lunch. Known as "The Only Home of Throwed Rolls," I heard the food was great - but dogs aren't allowed inside. They do offer pet kennels outside for those who don't want their pets to have to wait in the car.

Here's a photo of me chowing down on a roll - or what looked like one until I bit into it - but it was just a toy. It's not nice to fool Jon Jon - give me the good stuff!





No comments:

Post a Comment